Eating in Portovenere
Portivene - Un Mare di Sapori
Small restaurant in a nautical style that overlooks the main alley of the village. Besides the fish dishes, house specialties are the typical Ligurian recipes such as soup of farro, chickpeas and cannellini beans (“mesciua”) and the "farinata" of chickpeas originally served with basil pesto and soft cheese. The restaurant has not wine list and serves only excellent local wines.
Ristorante La Chiglia
Family-run trattoria where you can discover the tastes of tradition. The food is homemade and offers dishes with a touch of originality and creativity (try the soup with nettles!). Excellent appetizers.
- Address: Via dell'Olivo 317, Portovenere (SP)
- Phone: (+39) 0187 792179
- Notes: If you can, go on a weekday to enjoy even more the warmth and friendliness of the owners and the company of local customers.
Ristorante Della Baia
Overlooking the harbor of the “Baia delle Grazie”, offers light cuisine based on fresh fish, specialty of the house are the 10 samples of appetizers, the grilled fish at the table on the traditional Ligurian stone ("ciappa") and squid with pistachios.
- Address: Via lungomare Est 111, Le Grazie, Portovenere (SP)
- Phone: (+39) 0187 790797
- Website: http://www.baiahotel.com
- Price: 45 euro. Price: 29-60 €
- Notes: The restaurant is attached to the eponymous hotel where you can stay in rooms that overlook the bay. Closed the month of January.
Open for lunch and dinner, offers menus that change depending on seasonal ingredients.The food is a mix between traditional kitchen and the creativity and imagination of the owners, with a menu of seafood and delicious desserts paired with local wines.